BUILDING PRODUCTIVE RELATIONSHIPS WITH FAMILIES
Building Family Partnerships
Menu for this Course
For easy access, bookmark this page. Use the menu below to navigate to the page which you would like to return to.
** This course is Approximately 4 Hours. **
This course is designed to build a foundation of respect and presence for children and families, including culture, diversity and ability. In addition, it discusses the importance of all employees relating to parents on a professional level and use sound business practices. Parents need to know what they can expect from their child care provider, and what is expected of them. Being professional and operating a child care facility in a businesslike manner means good service is provided to parents and the children in the facility.
- Recall principles for relating to and communicating with parents.
- Identify common causes of tension between parents and child care providers.
- Recall techniques for establishing and maintaining relationships with parents.
- Recall strategies for keeping lines of communication open between care providers and parents.
- Discuss attributes of the diversity of families.
- Evaluate techniques for communicating with families about their children’s development.